2020 Dean for Medical Education's Academy for Research, Clinical, and Health Equity Scholarship (ARCHES) program
Georgetown University School of Medicine would like to invite rising juniors and rising seniors to apply to be part of our fourth cohort of fellows for the 2020 Dean for Medical Education's Academy for Research, Clinical, and Health Equity Scholarship (ARCHES) program at Georgetown School of Medicine.
Spend your summer shadowing physicians, engaging in independent research, and discussing health equity in the Washington DC area. We encourage students to APPLY NOW! Handshake will redirect applicants to our online application system.
Our deadline is February 24, 2020 and we are hosting upcoming outreach webinars. Click here to sign up for a webinar.
Program Dates & Benefits:
- Dates: Wednesday, June 24 - Friday, August 7, 2020. Move out day is Saturday, August 8th.
- Summer Stipend: $4,000 ($2,000 paid after the first 3 weeks - $2,000 paid conclusion of program)
- Housing: On-Campus housing at Georgetown University - Same-gender identity, suite-style, double-occupancy rooms
- Travel: Awarded up to $250 per student on a case by case basis by the Georgetown Office of Diversity & Inclusion
**NOTE** Students are responsible for their own meals/food costs (except for program event meals provided by ARCHES)
Preference will be given to permanent residents of the District of Columbia (DC) and DCPS grads.
All students are encouraged to apply, including those from underrepresented backgrounds in the health professions and those who identify as first-generation college students.
This program will engage selected participants in:
- Clinical experience
- Guided research
- Community-Based Learning at Georgetown University
- Greater DC community on issues of health equity
GUSOM ARCHES aims to strengthen the research and clinical skills of promising undergraduate students and prepare them for successful matriculation into medical school. Complete program details may be found on the ARCHES website. Learn more about the program from our 2019 fellows! For additional information and promotional materials, click here.