Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) RAY Conservation Diversity Fellow: Communications
NRDC’s Communications team is seeking an editorial and digital storyteller with a passion for environmental issues to join its Content team and help create fresh, compelling content that conveys the organization’s mission, delivers on its advocacy goals, and engages youth and people of color.
The RAY Fellow will work with NRDC’s editors to craft high-quality stories, articles, videos, and social content for NRDC.org and the organization’s social media platforms, using their perspective to enrich our content and inspire our audiences.
The Fellow will join editorial meetings, monitor breaking environmental news, write bylined articles, and will be encouraged to pitch stories and videos relevant to NRDC’s work and mission. The Fellow will also have the opportunity to assist in video scriptwriting or production to enhance their digital and multimedia storytelling skills.
The Fellow will also have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with NRDC experts, partners, and advocates working across different program areas, such as climate change, health, energy, food, and nature.
Generate story, article, and video ideas for NRDC.org and social platforms that engage youth and people of color
- Write stories and scripts in close collaboration with other writers and editors
- Participate in editorial meetings to brainstorm ideas for special projects or features
- Collaborate with editorial team to execute existing and new projects
- Edit, proofread, and prepare various articles for digital or print as required
- Monitor news relevant to NRDC issue areas to identify topics for stories
- Use data tools/analytics to help inform content ideas and angles
- Assist with the coordination of the editorial and production process