Revenue Cycle Analytic Undergraduate Intern
Description: Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
- The union and the company are currently investigating the bargaining unit status of this position. If it is determined that this is a bargaining unit position, bargaining unit status (seniority dates, dues payments etc.) will be applied on a retroactive basis based on the employment commencement date.
Our department provides support to the departments within CO Revenue Cycle. The support we provide is Project Management, Training, Data Analytics and Business Application support.
Internship Project Details:
- Run production report/analytical programs
- Requirements gathering for data requests
- Error handling within the Revenue Cycle
- Reconciliation processes
- Perform QA/testing functions
- Provide support / coordinate activities related to a system application upgrade
- Stretch project: Complete a report request using PowerBI to create a dashboard for our operational partners
- Analytical, experience with SQL, Tableau, PowerBI or SAS preferred
- Independent, the intern may not always have explicit instruction on how to complete a given task. We expect the intern to be able to work independently to accomplish tasks and / or troubleshoot issues
- Driven, our intern will be expected to help drive work to completion
- Collaboration, we would like to see experience with group projects for upper level classes
- Good communication, our intern will need to be able to communicate with business partners and others within the department
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university within the last year.
- 3.0 GPA or above.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited Colorado university within the last year.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
Primary Location: Colorado,Aurora,Waterpark I 2500 S. Havana St.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: DayWorkdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorking Hours Start: 8:00 AMWorking Hours End: 5:00 PMJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: InternshipEmployee Status: TemporaryEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: Non-Union, Non-ExemptJob Level: Entry LevelJob Category: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial ServicesSpecialty: FinanceDepartment: Revenue Cycle Support & AnalyticsTravel: NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.