CDCF Internship - Advancement Department
The CDC Foundation Internship Program offers educational work opportunities to students in undergraduate and graduate programs across a variety of fields including public health, communications, public administration, advancement and fundraising, and internal operations. Interns are able to gain practical experience by engaging in projects and tasks that contribute to their professional and educational development.
The CDC Foundation seeks an undergraduate or Masters level intern to support the Advancement Emergency Response team with key written components of an Advancement Emergency Response playbook and other necessary Advancement duties as assigned.
The primary activities for the internship include:
1. The candidate will assist the CDC Foundation with an Advancement Emergency Response playbook. Shadow Advancement staff working the Coronavirus
2. Attend various internal emergency response meetings.
3. Participate in fundraising calls with prospective funding partners when appropriate.
4. Document Advancement emergency response activities over the life of the current Coronavirus outbreak.
5. Present a written product that documents Advancement’s emergency response efforts in regards to Coronavirus, which can then feed into an Advancement
emergency response playbook.
6. Support on other necessary Advancement duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Necessary Skills:
1. Undergraduate/Graduate student majoring in public health, public administration, nonprofit management;
2. Prior experience with public health, partnership building/fundraising;
3. Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
5. Strong technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and database management.