Community Health Resource Center Intern
Looking for dynamic interns to support our local community health district Resource Center team by performing duties that are varied, diverse, and interact with the public. Work responsibilities includes, but not limited to, assisting with educational classes, youth groups, and participating in community outreach with local community health outreach staff. Also, administrative duties may be assigned in accordance with the individual you are assigned to support, which may include a combination of answering telephones, typing, filing, assisting with creating power point presentations, and operating office machine.
• Ability to be flexible (may require being at a different site locations in the city of
• Assist with community events, health fairs, etc., at local churches & libraries
• Attend Community meetings
• Distribute flyers door-to-door with Community Health Worker
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Attendance at community events as noted on google calendar (carpool or arrive at location 15
minutes prior to event starting)
• Creating an interactive health promotion game for teens for outreach events
• Joining Community Health Worker for outreach
• Creating condom packets (receive instructions from Community Health Worker)
• Providing education to support prevention of diabetes, hypertension, and asthma
All applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted no later than April 15th!