Sports 1 Marketing - Video Editing Intern (Tulane Remote Internship Program)
This internship is part of the Tulane Remote Internship Program (trip.tulane.edu).
TRIP Internships will be completed from New Orleans.
By submitting an application for any TRIP positions, you are agreeing to ALL of the following requirements. It is imperative that you read ALL of the below to ensure your application is considered.
The Tulane Remote Internship Program (T.R.I.P.) allows undergraduate students an opportunity to work for national companies while during the summer semester. The work will primarily be project-based with weekly meetings scheduled with a supervisor to monitor progress and learn more about the company they are interning with. Students are provided one academic credit for the internship, which means this is zero cost to the company. Interns will work 10-15 hours per week for the duration of the program.
New for this year we are allowing for variable length internships with starting dates set by the employer and agreed upon by the student. We only require that the internship last at least 6 weeks. Employers may choose to start the internship later in the semester if they choose or even have the internship extend past Fall 2020 into Spring 2021. Details are up to the employer and student to define.
By submitting an application for ANY of the following Remote Internships, you are agreeing and committed to all program requirements listed at the beginning of each of the individual Handshake Postings (links are below). If you need assistance with your resume or cover letter, check out the Applications Document Guide.
Resume (Required): Each of these internships require an approved Handshake resume. If you do not currently have an approved resume in Handshake, and/or want to make one specifically for this program, in order for our career center staff to expedite the review and approval of your resume, please upload your resume in the following format - "TRIP - LAST NAME, RESUME". Resume approval can take up to 48 hours, so do not wait until the last minute to submit. IE if your resume requires additional work based on career center staff suggestions, if you want until 2 days before deadline to submit, you still might not have an approved resume by program deadline. Information about creating effective and approved resumes can be found at http://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/. Candidates will be interviewed and hired in real time so it is to your advantage to apply ASAP.
Cover Letters (Required): Cover letters - written individually for each internship, should be submitted for approval using the format "TRIP COVER LETTER - COMPANY NAME, LAST NAME." Tips on writing cover letters can be found at http://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/. Please address all cover letters to "Hiring Manager." Do not ask us for the names of the employers. At minimum, your cover letter should address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills do you currently possess that you feel will help you succeed in this position?
- What do you hope to learn from this internship?
- Is there anything else about you outside of what's on your resume that you'd like for the employer to know? (Creativity is encouraged with this question).
SPORTS 1 MARKETING
VIDEO EDITING INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
** Given the immediate and upcoming deadline for this internship, please ensure you review and incorporate as much content as you can from https://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/ prior to submitting your application, as there is a chance the documents may need to be approved quickly and without any feedback provided by the career center staff. Thank you. **
COMPANY WEBSITE: https://dmeltzer.com/
David Meltzer is the Co-founder of Sports 1 Marketing and formerly served as CEO of the renowned Leigh Steinberg Sports & Entertainment agency, which was the inspiration for the movie Jerry Maguire.
His life’s mission is to empower OVER 1 BILLION people to be happy! This simple yet powerful mission has led him on an incredible journey to provide one thing…VALUE. In all his content and communication that’s exactly what you’ll receive.
He is a three-time international best-selling author, a Top 100 Business Coach, the executive producer of Entrepreneur‘s #1 digital business show, Elevator Pitch, and host of the top entrepreneur podcast, The Playbook. His newest book, Game-Time Decision Making, was a #1 new release, David has been recognized by Variety Magazine as their Sports Humanitarian of the Year and awarded the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.
The DME Internship Program is a holistic program designed to give students experience in the exciting and challenging world of sports and to teach our four core principles 1) Gratitude, 2) Empathy, 3) Accountability, and 4) Effective Communication. Undergraduates, and graduates accepted into the program are each entrusted with a media project to own and execute over the course of their internship with us. Each intern receives a customized learning plan to ensure they get the right levels of coaching, mentorship, and formal training as they deliver their work at David Meltzer Enterprises.
DME is looking for a video editing intern. The internship program runs year-round. The position is unpaid, and for course credit only. As a video editing intern, one will gain skills, knowledge and valuable experience in many professional aspects that include, but is not limited to: editing raw footage to combine sight and sound together to create videos that captivate the audience, organize and store footage to ensure efficient and easy access to content that is ready for editing and use, produce content that follows the planned story line for the video, and other general office administrative duties.
Additionally, if the candidate is qualified, we have a filming intern position as well that the candidate may apply for and obtain simultaneously. If interested in applying for both positions, please notate your intentions in your application email, and cover letter.
- Digitize and organize all footage for use in videos;
- Provides creative input on initial scripts and throughout post-production;
- Select the most effective shot of a scene in terms of look, story relevance or continuity;
- Edit footage according to tight scripts and storyboards or loose production guidelines;
- Addresses all agency and/or client cut changes throughout the approval process;
- Responsible for delivering the final product according to required specifications;
- Archives all footage at the end of each job;
- Maintains all edit equipment, trouble shoots problems, and actively facilitates repairs;
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future edits/adaptations; and
- Assist in additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must be able to earn course credit for internship experience.
- Available a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Use of a newer version of the Mac book Pro is needed for server speed compatibility.
- Be enthusiastic about the opportunity to work in the sports industry.
- Outstanding organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to draft correspondence.
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to handle confidential matters discreetly.
- Ability to handle pressures of fast paced work environment and work well under pressure and within deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) a must.
- Experience in sports, sports marketing, sports business, is a plus.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- GPA: 3.25 or better