Friends of City Park - Marketing and Social Media Intern (Tulane Remote Internship Program)
This internship is part of the Tulane Remote Internship Program (trip.tulane.edu).
TRIP Internships will be completed from New Orleans.
By submitting an application for any TRIP positions, you are agreeing to ALL of the following requirements. It is imperative that you read ALL of the below to ensure your application is considered.
The Tulane Remote Internship Program (T.R.I.P.) allows undergraduate students an opportunity to work for national companies while during the summer semester. The work will primarily be project-based with weekly meetings scheduled with a supervisor to monitor progress and learn more about the company they are interning with. Students are provided one academic credit for the internship, which means this is zero cost to the company. Interns will work 10-15 hours per week for the duration of the program.
New for this year we are allowing for variable length internships with starting dates set by the employer and agreed upon by the student. We only require that the internship last at least 6 weeks. Employers may choose to start the internship later in the semester if they choose or even have the internship extend past Fall 2020 into Spring 2021. Details are up to the employer and student to define.
By submitting an application for ANY of the following Remote Internships, you are agreeing and committed to all program requirements listed at the beginning of each of the individual Handshake Postings (links are below). If you need assistance with your resume or cover letter, check out the Applications Document Guide.
Resume (Required): Each of these internships require an approved Handshake resume. If you do not currently have an approved resume in Handshake, and/or want to make one specifically for this program, in order for our career center staff to expedite the review and approval of your resume, please upload your resume in the following format - "TRIP - LAST NAME, RESUME". Resume approval can take up to 48 hours, so do not wait until the last minute to submit. IE if your resume requires additional work based on career center staff suggestions, if you want until 2 days before deadline to submit, you still might not have an approved resume by program deadline. Information about creating effective and approved resumes can be found at http://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/. Candidates will be interviewed and hired in real time so it is to your advantage to apply ASAP.
Cover Letters (Required): Cover letters - written individually for each internship, should be submitted for approval using the format "TRIP COVER LETTER - COMPANY NAME, LAST NAME." Tips on writing cover letters can be found at http://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/. Please address all cover letters to "Hiring Manager." Do not ask us for the names of the employers. At minimum, your cover letter should address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills do you currently possess that you feel will help you succeed in this position?
- What do you hope to learn from this internship?
- Is there anything else about you outside of what's on your resume that you'd like for the employer to know? (Creativity is encouraged with this question).
FRIENDS OF CITY PARK
MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
** Given the immediate and upcoming deadline for this internship, please ensure you review and incorporate as much content as you can from https://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/ prior to submitting your application, as there is a chance the documents may need to be approved quickly and without any feedback provided by the career center staff. Thank you. **
COMPANY WEBSITE: www.friendsofcitypark.com
Friends of City Park is a regional, non-profit organization whose mission is to maintain and increase the value and importance of City Park as a place of natural beauty, culture, recreation and education for the public.
Working for Friends of City Park is employment with a purpose. We are dedicated to maintaining and increasing the value and importance of New Orleans City Park as a place of natural beauty, culture, recreation, and education for the public. We are focused on strong work ethic, respect, and responsibility in the workplace with an emphasis on building relationships to positively impact our community.
You will be a member of a small marketing team creating and implementing a distribution plan for traditional and digital content. Content will be used by FOCP to grow membership and increase special event attendance across social and other digital platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and emails. You will receive one-on-one mentorship from our team. You will be assigned responsibilities based on your strengths to perform any of the following tasks:
- Content generation and editing
- Graphic design
- Market research
- Photography and photo editing
- Responding to engagements on social media
- Direct mail
- Data entry
- Students currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Communication, or other relevant major
- An ambitious and creative professional
- Stellar interpersonal communication
- An eagerness to learn and a growth-mindset
- Passionate about all things social with strong familiarity of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Solution-oriented approach to accomplishing work
- GPA: 2.75 or better
- This will be a mostly remote internship
- The team collaborates via Zoom, email, and G Suite
- This position is part-time (10-20 hours per week)
- Intern can set their own schedule
- Potential to earn course credit
- Occasional night and weekends are required
- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
- Provides leadership and support to fundraising activities and committees/boards as assigned.
- Cross-trained to support volunteer, program, membership, and merchandise departments.
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Builds rapport and relates well to others.
- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
- Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
- Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better output.
- Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
- Follows policies and procedures and reports all irregularities immediately.
- Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver high-value work.
- Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
- Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process.
- Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Friends of City Park is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We are committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of our community —in race, gender, age, cultures, and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all our employment practices.