Skoop - Social Media Intern (Tulane Remote Internship Program)
This internship is part of the Tulane Remote Internship Program (trip.tulane.edu).
TRIP Internships will be completed from New Orleans.
By submitting an application for any TRIP positions, you are agreeing to ALL of the following requirements. It is imperative that you read ALL of the below to ensure your application is considered.
The Tulane Remote Internship Program (T.R.I.P.) allows undergraduate students an opportunity to work for national companies while during the summer semester. The work will primarily be project-based with weekly meetings scheduled with a supervisor to monitor progress and learn more about the company they are interning with. Students are provided one academic credit for the internship, which means this is zero cost to the company. Interns will work 10-15 hours per week for the duration of the program.
New for this year we are allowing for variable length internships with starting dates set by the employer and agreed upon by the student. We only require that the internship last at least 6 weeks. Employers may choose to start the internship later in the semester if they choose or even have the internship extend past Fall 2020 into Spring 2021. Details are up to the employer and student to define.
By submitting an application for ANY of the following Remote Internships, you are agreeing and committed to all program requirements listed at the beginning of each of the individual Handshake Postings (links are below). If you need assistance with your resume or cover letter, check out the Applications Document Guide.
Resume (Required): Each of these internships require an approved Handshake resume. If you do not currently have an approved resume in Handshake, and/or want to make one specifically for this program, in order for our career center staff to expedite the review and approval of your resume, please upload your resume in the following format - "TRIP - LAST NAME, RESUME". Resume approval can take up to 48 hours, so do not wait until the last minute to submit. IE if your resume requires additional work based on career center staff suggestions, if you want until 2 days before deadline to submit, you still might not have an approved resume by program deadline. Information about creating effective and approved resumes can be found at http://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/. Candidates will be interviewed and hired in real time so it is to your advantage to apply ASAP.
Cover Letters (Required): Cover letters - written individually for each internship, should be submitted for approval using the format "TRIP COVER LETTER - COMPANY NAME, LAST NAME." Tips on writing cover letters can be found at http://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/. Please address all cover letters to "Hiring Manager." Do not ask us for the names of the employers. At minimum, your cover letter should address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills do you currently possess that you feel will help you succeed in this position?
- What do you hope to learn from this internship?
- Is there anything else about you outside of what's on your resume that you'd like for the employer to know? (Creativity is encouraged with this question).
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
** Given the immediate and upcoming deadline for this internship, please ensure you review and incorporate as much content as you can from https://careerwave.tulane.edu/tripdocumentguide/ prior to submitting your application, as there is a chance the documents may need to be approved quickly and without any feedback provided by the career center staff. Thank you. **
COMPANY WEBSITE: https://www.skoop.nyc/
Skoop is an app for finding, booking, and sharing the best, vetted beauty and wellness services in NYC.
We need someone who is a planner and strategist, with skills in marketing, copywriting, and design. This position is remote but we are based in NYC. We are a small but growing startup -- would love someone who is excited to share in the development of the brand and growth strategy. We can offer mentorship and solid exposure to our advisor, investor and female founder network of prominent players in the beauty and wellness space.
- Brainstorm, pitch, and run new social media marketing ideas to continue to grow Skoop's reach, traffic & conversion
- Planning and scheduling the Instagram feed using Planoly (or any platform of choice)
- Assisting in the production of advertisements, press releases, and promotional materials
- Assisting with tracking, formatting, and archiving reviews and other media
- Monitor, post, and assist in creating content for blogs, forums, and social networks
- Write customer-focused, sales-driven captions for Instagram
- Post daily to Instagram stories
10 - 15 hours / week, schedule is flexible but must have availability during working hours (9 am - 5 pm ET) Monday - Friday
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Completed or working toward a college degree (Junior level or up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising, Graphic Design, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or social media is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, Google Drive and Google applications)
- Create graphics and creative assets using Canva, Adobe Illustrator, and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Keep up-to-date with social media trends, especially new features and opportunities with Instagram and LinkedIn
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with the ability to communicate in a professional manner
- GPA: 3.5 or better
- Hard-working with a strong sense of urgency
- Energetic and creative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organized and strategic
- Self-starter and ambitious
- Has an “I’ll figure it out” mentality
- Confident and personable
- Open to direction and feedback
- Accurate, organized, punctual, and good at prioritization
- Positive attitude
- Eagerness to learn