Graduate Intern, Analytics
Dell Technologies Services
Business Analytics Summer 2021 Intern- Advance Degree
Round Rock, TX, Hopkinton, MA & Remote
Dell Technologies Services (DT Services) is an organization within Dell. DT Services provides support and extended warranty services, managed deployment, enterprise installation, and configuration services and education services for both Enterprise and Client customers. It is one of the most strategic and profitable organizations in the company and is currently experiencing extensive global growth. DT Services is made up of global operations teams to include customer service, supply chain, and professional services, marketing and sales operations teams, finance, engineering, and more.
What you’ll achieve
The business analytics intern will be working on a problem which would require detailed analytics and machine learning techniques to be resolved. The intern will be responsible to carry out analytics and provide insights on how to resolve the problem. The project may also involve predictive analytics, building KPIs and dashboards.
· Carry out analyses that uncover hidden opportunities to improve in areas such as operations, sales growth, cost savings and dispatch effectiveness
· Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to predict outcome
· Effectively communicate findings, insights, and recommendations with business leaders
· Partners with both internal & external sources to gather & examine data from disparate sources with the goal of discovering previously hidden insights.
· Able to independently drive a task to completion, understand the data, end goals, and provide insights beyond the customer's expectations.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
· Working towards a Master’s or PhD degree in Statistics or Business Analytics
· Proficient data mining skills
· Ability to use machine learning techniques
· Advanced Excel
· SQL and Tableau and/or Power BI
· Excellent Communication Skills and ability to deal with ambiguity
· Proficient in at least one of the following:
· Knowledge of Teradata, Business Objects, C++
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here